There is nothing better than being presented with a homemade gift, especially if it’s edible. So for this festive month’s recipe, we encourage you to take to your kitchen and try this delectable 6 O’clock sloe gin truffle recipe. It’s both easy and enjoyable to make and incorporates two of our favourite things – gin and chocolate.
To make approx. 15 you’ll need:
- 225g good quality dark chocolate
- 25g good quality white chocolate
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp single cream
- 2 tbsp 6 O’clock sloe gin
- 25g cocoa powder
- Melt 200g chocolate by placing it in a heatproof bowl over boiling water. Don’t let the bowl touch the water.
- When the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the butter, cream and 6 O’clock sloe gin.
- Leave the mixture to cool until possible to handle, then shape into balls.
- Leave to set for approximately one hour, then dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt 25g dark chocolate and 25g white chocolate. Stir gently to marble the chocolate then drizzle it over the truffles.
and voila! Delicious, homemade truffles for your favourite gin-lover.