We’re looking for a full time Retail and Events Manager to join our team and manage all aspects of our shows, events, retail experiences and distillery tours.
You’ll be responsible for the planning and delivering first-class customer experiences that delight. Your background in hospitality management or event planning will empower you to bring our brand values to life when meeting customers at music festivals, foodie events, trade shows, pop up shops and regional celebrations.
You won’t be doing this alone. You’ll have an experienced, dedicated team of event staff and brand ambassadors that will support your customer-focused vision and help you roll out successful events week in, week out.
Events don’t always happen during office hours, so you’ll be working the odd weekend and some evenings. But of course, you already know this being the #EventProf you already are!
This is an exciting position within a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for a dynamic leader and team player with entrepreneurial flair and a can-do attitude.
- Proven hospitality experience with a particular emphasis on high-end delivery of F&B and/or event management.
- A track record of planning and negotiating with event organisers of retail shows, festivals and events nationwide.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills that can influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Positive and enthusiastic with a great personality for a customer facing role.
- An effective team leader that can motivate and inspire your team. Plus do the essential duties to keep everything on track, like prepare an effective rota, monitor performance and find/hire the best people.
- Commercial acumen and ability to prepare and manage your own budget, as well as consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Experience driving sales at retail events and/or visitor attractions.
- Formal sales training would be an advantage but not essential, as is a knowledge of legislative, operational, logistical, administrative issues regarding retail sale of alcohol.
- Flexibility and a proactive approach with an ability to solve problems and negotiate a good deal.
- Extremely well organised and hard working as you’ll be administering all retail events including booking, staff rotas, equipment, stocking, licensing and logistics.
- Previous management of a team is an advantage but not essential.
- Strong numerical skills enable you to compile, interpret, understand and present data in a way that drives profitability.
- Enjoy exploring this wonderful country of ours, attending events all over the UK and have a valid UK Driving Licence.
Location and Hours:
Our offices are in Thornbury, BS35 and we’re open 8.30am – 5pm. We’d expect those to be your nominal location and hours, but you’ll need to be flexible with your time to work occasional evenings and weekends and in other locations around the country.
Competitive salary bolstered by a regular supply of 6 O’clock Gin for you, friends and family.
Improve your chances of landing this exciting role by sending your CV together with a covering letter (that will help us understand why you are our perfect Retail and Events Manager for 6 O’clock Gin to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re expecting a high demand for this role, however the closing date for applications is 13th July 2020.